I am really really really not excited.
I have so enjoyed this time off. I have been able to re-prioritize, recognize what went so painfully bad last quarter, what makes me so mad at myself, what I need, and what I have to do to make things work. It ain't all pretty. I need to make a lot of improvements this quarter...as a student, as an intern, as a teacher, and as a person. And yet, I feel like I have not enough in me to do everything well. But what does that leave me with? I refuse to give up any more things. I will not gain any more weight. I will bring back opportunities to make myself proud. I will study better. I will work harder as an intern. I will be more on top of things as a teacher. I will walk the dog more. I will snuggle with the oldman cat more. I will make smarter decisions about how to create a healthy me.
Anyway, I could continue, but the point of this post was to list all the things I AM excited about that comes along with returning to the real world. It's very difficult, as the 'not looking forward to' list is really really long. But, I digress. Here we go!!!
- Seeing the kids, all the hugs I'll get, the opportunity to catch up on the last few weeks with them
- Chatting with Paola
- Lunch with Melissa
- Watching the kids snuggle with Zenith
- Jokes and banter with all my old students
- Free Share and seeing what the kids got for Christmas
- Time in my classroom - love that space
- NPR on the way to school
- A chance to feel busy
- Getting up with the alarm and the anticipation of the day
- Getting to watch the kids grow academically
- Sight word songs
- The new drama game I'm going to introduce during sharing circle
- The coffee I'm going to try myself too
- The delicious lunches I'm going to start making
Hmm, that's all I got right now - but that's okay...it was enough to get me excited!!